So my wife surprised me yesterday with a nice gift :D  I'm always staying up late to do work online because I don't have access to internet whenever I'm on the go.  So anyway, I guess she did her homework because she picked the right service!  First of all, let me just get this out of the way: it worked in an underground basement!  Even though the signal bar was at zero, it still worked and I was actually able to upload files pretty quickly. The monthly plan gets expensive if you opt for the 5gb/month plan [$69.99/mo] (not so expensive if you factor in the extra hours of sleep).  It was very easy to setup.  The device comes pre-loaded with Verizon's Access Manager software.  The software gives you details about the amount of data you've used and when your billing cycle ends so that you don't go over your limit and get smacked with overage charges.  Another cool feature is that the device has a minisd card slot!